Friday, December 14, 2007

We have a hole...and something in it!

This is the view from our back yard...atop a huge pile of dirt

Yep, it has begun. The hole was dug on Wednesday, the footings Thursday, and the basement walls (foundation) was poured today! Sometimes it seemed as if it would never happen, but now it is. We are working on getting bids from framers, electricians, plumbers and other trades. After the framing is up, we will be able to start doing some stuff ourselves, doors, windows, roof, siding....you get the idea. Needless to say, we are very excited.



Jessica and Dad talking with the excavator...they are right in front of what will be our front door.

After the walls set up, they will pour the basement floor...that is if the weather is warm enough...so we've got to pray for mid-30's. I hope that that can get poured next week and then have the holiday to cure...then the framers can do their thing.


Just after pouring the foundation. Jessica just outside the back door of the house.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Dude! Where are you building? I didn't know you were getting a home built. Let me know who your framers are. Give Rhett Madsen a call...he's my old boss from up here, and he knows how to build. After the holiday season cools down at Best Buy, I'll most likely go frame again full time and work at BB on the weekends. I miss framing a lot more than I thought I would.

Oh, and I need to call you about getting some glass for frames, and those photograms I do.