Sunday, October 26, 2008

GRASS!

Testing the sprinklers in the front yard.

Friday afternoon Jess and I decided that this weekend would be perfect and the last weekend for us to put in the grass. So I called an ws just able to get our order in (they usually want 24 hr notice). It was delivered Saturday morning and while I was helping with Scouting for Food, Jess and the kids started rolling it out.


The kids would have us load a roll of sod onto the wagon or skateboard so they could bring it to us.
By the time I got home, they had just about half of the front yard rolled out. I was impressed, so we kept rolling it out and we had the front and a good bit of the back done by 1 or so. I called Steve (I work with him) to see if he and his son could come help too. So between us, my dad and Steve & Stevie, we made a lot of progress.


The front yard DONE!

Dad was a lot of help...we were really moving.

When we were just about finished, Topher called Jessica's dad and asked if they would come help too. They got there and helped with about a half a pallet. I didn't think we would get it done, but we did. We actualy ran out of sod (6500 square feet). We will have to go get about 100 square feet or so to finish up a few edges. We are really happy with the grass and very excited to have it in. Our yard won't be a muddy mess this winter and spring, and we won't have to worry about it in the spring.


Now I have a big back yard of grass to mow
...I didn't have to mow a lawn once this summer!

I just have a few adjustments to make on the sprinkler systems and hook up the electronic control box. It has been a lot of work, but our house finally LOOKS like it is finished, and not ALMOST finished.

Ready for a BBQ next summer...who's coming for lime steak and salsa?!?!
...who says we have to wait for summer?

4 comments:

Bethany and Terry said...

Hey Tyler. This is Bethany Hansen. Terry Hansen's wife. Saw your blog and thought I'd say hello.

Thought I might find some fun photography moments.

Hope all is well. Tell Jessica hello.

Aragon said...

Tyler, Hey I saw your blog through Darren Clark's blog. I hadn't looked at any of his work in a while, so I looked up his website. Anyway, send me a quick email so I can invite you to my blog! aragon.lisa@gmail.com

Slade said...

Grass is a huge psychological step for a homeowner. The first time you cut it and the first time you roll around on it will be very rewarding. Picking up dog poop...not so rewarding.

Tyler said...

Hi Bethany!

Hi Lisa!

Has everyone been bored and thought thy would see if I was still alive???

Grass is great! We haven't cut it yet...we may need to get a new mower for next year. We did roll on it after laying it...that was great! Much better than the dirt! Don't have to worry about my dog's poop...we keep her in a kennel...yep we are cruel!