Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sheetrock!


Closing off the wall really makes the family room take shape.

We have been going pretty strong with the Sheetrock the last week or so. It is nearly done, just a few little pieces left (for the bathroom and one bedroom), and then the fun of perfataping starts. I haven't really done that before, it should be interesting to see how I do at that. I just hope I can get the joints somewhat smooth. As you can see we are still using the rest of the basement to play and watch TV. The kids are great at wreaking havoc downstairs.


The nice little hallway, this would be a great place for elegant sconces and a hall table...but it will most likely be a dumping place for some of the kids' toys.


The bathroom with mold resistant Sheetrock on most of the walls.


Little Bathroom closet...both are very little.


We are insulating the ceiling in hopes to cut down on noise transfer from floor to floor. If it doesn't it will help the heat from dissipating, and keep the boys room (upstairs) warmer. Doubling up the R-13 is just a little more expensive than R-19, and it gives an R-26! I am going to look into sound-blanket R-11 for the rest of the basement...I understand that it is supposed to work better. The family room is where I really want the sound to be cut down.
Topher & TJ's room with walls and a ceiling!

It has been a challenge building these rooms, but a fun challenge. I am really excited to have a bathroom downstairs, and to get the basement moving closer to done. I plan on having the bathroom and this one bedroom done (less carpet I think) by July when family is coming to visit.