Saturday, August 26, 2006

Decisions!

Today we drove to Blackfoot to enter some photographs in the Fair (it starts the 4th and goes through the 9th). I hope I do well there...at least to cover the entry fee. Well while down there I interviewed with a glass shop that is looking for glaziers. It would be more money but a smaller shop and only residential and auto glass (I haven't done auto glass in about 8-10 years). Living expenses are less there, but I hate to move down there only to get laid off in the winter...but the money is more. How can a smaller shop pay more than the larger shop I am at now??? Should I be worried??? Or do I take the plunge and move to the Salt Lake Valley and work for an even larger shop? I would love to photograph full time, but don't see how I could support my family on less than I earn now. I just don't know for sure, and with the family all decisions effect 5 times the people.

Other than that, we are still waiting to hear back on another job...an office job...and just plugging along trying to make ends meet...TRYING!



Wish I still had the bus...wouldn't make anything easier, but I sure would love to go for a cruse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler,
my main brother from another...
sounds like your kinda down.
I've been there before and I know what your going through.
Your like the coolest photographer I know and your also a great dad!
Have some patience with the Lord and ask for his help.
You already know all this stuff..but I was really thinkin for a while there that I might not find a job because the market, my gpa, and alot of other things. All I know is that I was prayin my guts out and going for lots of afternoon bike rides to get my mind off the pressure.
hope this helps some.
We are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend...party time at Tylers!
Get your bike polished up so we can hit wolverine.
Ty Dog

Sally said...

I went to the Fair today and saw your photos. They look great up there and congrats on the Superintendant Award or whatever it's called. Hope it got you the big bucks.

Tyler said...

Thanks Sally!