Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Eastern Idaho State Fair

Amongst all I have had on my plate I managed to get photos submitted into the Eastern Idaho State Fair this year. I have entered the last two years, as well, in 'advanced amateur.' This year I thought that I would enter in professional...Not necessarily because I am great or anything...But rather because I don't want my prints getting damaged. It is also nice to see them behind glass. I didn't expect to win any ribbons because of the caliber of competition, but I was surprised to find out that I did get a few. As Sally mentioned I got the Superintendent's Award, which ironically has no money attached. I got this ribbon the first year I entered too (I'm 2 for 3!). It makes me feel kind good about my photography! Plus, the premium money covers my entry fee ($35!), and some of the gas it takes to get down there and back. I hope that this exposure will also help get me some recognition.

This is also a testament that yes I am alive (despite the lack of blog postings) and am still working on my photography. I have been putting out resumes and interviewing for some things I hope to get a white collar job soon that I can utilize my crazy mad skills I got from 6 years of college.

I have also been racking my brain watching the training video, reading the 'For dummies' book, and experimenting with Adobe Go Live trying to redesign my website and to fix the little bugs that just bug me. If anyone out there is familiar with Go Live CS2, I could use any tips you have.

Here's one of my newer images that I put in the Fair. I can't remember for sure, but I think that this is one that won a ribbon.


If nothing else...I am still here.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Email me some of the problems you are having. I'll try to help.

Andy said...

Dude, ditch GoLive and get Dreamweaver 8...it's much better.

Tyler said...

Ditch it? I just bought CS2...Why buy a TI calculator when I have an HP? Why buy a Makita when I've got a DeWalt? I will just need to learn to use it...after all it should work with the other Adobe programs I aleready use (Illustrator & Photoshop).

I do hear that dreamweaver is good, but I think I need to make what I have work.