Friday, October 26, 2007

Yet another injury

I really need to find better work. Don't get me wrong, I do like working with my hands and building things. But this has got to stop happening!!!



My stitched-up, swollen foot.

We were loading up to take garbage to the dump at work on Thursday, and I stepped on a piece of glass with one foot, and shoved my other foot onto it...accidently of course! Yes I do enjoy hurting myself just to get time off work....I don't think so! Right after doing it, all I could think was "Why can't I just stay not hurt!?!"

I managed to get my boot (which the glass shot right through) and sock off before going to the emergency care center. There was a piece of the glass about the size of a quarter sticking out, I wanted to get some pressure on it, so I pulled it out myself...that bummed Jason...he wanted to pull it out (SICKO!). So the doctor cleaned out all the glass (I HOPE!), sewed me up (8 stitches), and sent me home. Jason got some killer shots with his camera phone in the exam room of them fixing me up, If he can get them off his phone I'll post them.

I was able to borrow some crutches, as I can't stand on the foot at all yet (the cut is on the bottom) and they hurt the pits! I didn't go to work today, and I really hope I don't have to stay home on Monday too. I get really stir-crazy!

No comments: