Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year Day Photos

On Tuesday, I went photographing with Andy Duncan, a friend from college. He showed me a great place southeast of Rexburg. We took my father-in-law's Saburban (and just about got stuck in the snow...FUN!) It was great to get out and make some images. I haven't seen Andy in a long time and it was great to catch up too. Check out his blog for his images from this trip...I think his are a bit better than mine. I feel that he is a more successful landscape photographer--Go, Andy, Go.


This is the shot we made from the roof of the Saburban


I think that maybe part of the reason I have gotten away from photographing is my lack of spending time with other photographers. I do get with Theo now and again, but I think that one may need several others in which they can work with to share ideas and thoughts with...to feed off each other. These last two little photo trips have been great...I need to go more often.



I thought it would be fun to take our dog, Star, out with us too. She had a blast! She ran and dug in the snow. I was quite suprised in how good she was too. I didn't have to chase her much, and when it was time to go she would get right into the car...we really lucked out with this dog.


The house we are building is really coming along. The walls are all framed and just about ready for the trusses. We should be pouring the basement floor next week (yea a little backward).

We also went down to Shriner's today to get TJ fitted for a new prosthetic. I'll get photos of that and the house posted soon. Things are just a bit crazy.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I like your take on the trees I just can't quit photographing.
I totally agree with you about the need for a network of friends, which the lack of, was a big contribution to my lack of motivation to photograph much of my time in Utah. I had the blog, but without in-person contact and conversations/discussions, it's hard to really feel like your work has meaning.
It's easy to say you photograph for yourself, but when all is said and done, you need to have your work examined by outside influences so you can both feel recognized and to help you improve as an artist.

Anonymous said...

like the dog, congrats again on the house, dope it continues to go wel, we will see you guys on the 16th or 17th of this month as we head on up to the temple,
keep up the good photos,
me Tyson

Darren Clark said...

Nice images. I agree with what you say about a network of friends. You may want to look into the photo societies in Idaho Falls. Their imagery can be a little naive, and cliche. However, I think you could add quite a bit to what they do.