Sunday, January 27, 2008

Raise the Roof!

Friday was a beautiful day. Our roofers must have thought so too. They got on our house and really got busy. The shingles were delivered on Thursday, and by Friday night nearly all the roof was done. Only half of the front was left to do, and that was finished Saturday. They sure did hit their window of opportunity because we woke up to snow.


It is really moving along

The back corner...I also installed the patio door on Friday night.

After putting in the patio door on Friday night, we headed up to Island Park. Saturday morning we slid down the hill, played in the powder with the kids and Star, and rode snow-machines. I went with Chris, Jake & Dave on the Lion Head Loop, and to Hebgen Lake. I took along the camera and got some cool images along the way. Hebgen Lake looked really cool, mostly because not too many people had been out that way, you could see one set of tracks out on the frozen lake...I don't think I would push my luck doing the same.

Campsite #21 Picnic Table, Hebgen Lake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks sweet, someday we will have a fancy dancy stick built home...just not in Vernal ha ha,
Good for you guys!
Sure makes the home complete looking with the shingles and car parked in the garage.
Snowmobiling on Sunday? J/K I wish I was up there myself.
see ya
Tyson

Darren Clark said...

That picnic table image is very nice.

Tyler said...

Thanks Darren. It was pretty cool there. Almost untouched, quite the contrast from the summer when it is packed with people and boats.

Tyson...you will notice that I said "Saturday" as opposed to Sunday! Get your stones and cast away! Ha Ha!

ben said...

i also like the snow picture. sometime i forget how much it snows in the inner mountian west. We get 4 inches of snow here in western washington and the town closes for the day and people are stocking up on canned food "for the long haul" until it melts a day or two later.