Saturday, June 07, 2008

We're moving in!...not yet


We had our final inspection on Friday to get the C.O. so we could move in today. There were only 5 issues to take care of. However we cannot get even a partial unless we took care of 3 of them. We needed a hand rail (just a temporary would do) in the garage, a minor electrical thing with the jetted tub (I can't wait to use it...the kids have but I haven't!), and we needed a little deck with steps out the back door to the patio.
This was the little deck we built...it did get composite wood decking (like Trex) on top, just no picture yet...
So Dad and I spent the day getting those issues addressed. He fixed the electrical thing yesterday, then today we built the little deck and a temporary railing. So we will try again on Monday to get the partial C.O. then take care of the other little things after we get in.

TJ watching the cement guy work on the front porch...I like how Jess designed the flooring in the living room

One of the problems was that the final grade around the house has not been completed... this will be completed more when we get the sprinklers and grass. Then we also need to extend the basement hand rail all of 10 inches at the bottom...D'oh!
We were really disappointed that we could not move in today. It would have been much more convenient to do it on a Saturday than on evenings next week. We would like to be out before the weekend, because I have windows coming on Friday to install on Saturday, and Creedance has a cheer camp thing (fun for her). Speaking of Creedance...here's her VERY PINK room:
The pink may be a bit strong.
So we will try to get all the big stuff and boxes moved Monday night (unless I am working in Jackson)...maybe I will have to take a day off to move. Fun for me?
I am very pleased with how our bathroom turned out, especially after the tile job I had to install a shower door on yesterday! It was really bad! There are a few things I would have done better on my tile. Jess tells me I am too picky...but I want it to be done how I see other tile jobs I work around are done. She thought I took too much time on it. I probably did...more than anything I was putting it off for longer chunks of time, and just plain procrastinating what was hard...setting tile blows!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your house looks like it is coming along. That is going to be sad not having your family in the same ward anymore.

Jessica