Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Wong House and Windmills


"Two Chairs" The Wong House--Teton Village, WY


Friday I worked in Jackson, finishing up a couple jobs and measuring a couple more. One job--the Wong house, is really cool. I am very pleased with it and how it turned out. Here is one of the shower doors we did.


This one took us about 4 hours to do. It is 3/8" thick glass and fit very snug. The door has no frame around it and we were drilling into GLASS tile. Kind of nerve wracking. I really like the whole house, and after fixing a few little things there on Friday I took pictures of all the showers we did and these 2 chairs that I thought looked cool. The decorating was very cool. Very retro-70's mixed with some ultra-modern.

Darren and Brian came up to Jackson with their BFA students on Friday too. They wanted to see some of the galleries. I met them for lunch...we at at the Brew-Pub...very good! We went to the Art Center and saw an interesting exhibit called "
The Apron Chronicles." It is a large collection of aprons with stories and photos of people wearing aprons...It was OK, I see the validity of the overlaying concept...but it didn't speak to me a great deal...not quite my cup of tea. It was a nice treat that the writer/collector of the aprons and the photographer were both there and we got to talk to them and ask questions. The opening reception was Friday night. If you are up that way, check it out...I wouldn't drive up there just to see it, but I'd stop by if there. We also went to the Oswald...my favorate! It was a fun afternoon to goof off from work. Thanks Brian! Thanks Darren!

Saturday afternoon, after installing windows in a house for a little Christmas money, Theo and I drove out to the Windmills to make some photographs. I think we were cutting it a little close on the light. But I had fun, and I think we got some good images. Theo also got to have fun pushing the limits of his new Subaru. We almost didn't make it up one sloppy hill. Definately need to go back after we get a little more snow.

2 comments:

Darren Clark said...

Hey Tyler,
I found your notebook (the one with all of the photo secrets) in the lab today.

Tyler said...

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!