Friday, May 25, 2007

Wow!

Hello, my name is Tyler Hopkins...(Hi Tyler...) and I love the Simpsons. I don't think there is a 12-step program for me...but the movie coming out this summer is for me.

Stealing Homer's Popcorn
Jess and I went to Shrek the Third tonight (wow a date without the kids!) and there was a life-size+ Simpsons family at Edwards Theatre. This picture was Jess' idea, I thought it was kind of fun.

TJ at 6 Months

On a completly different note, TJ is doing very well. We were a bit converned with his stump continuing to bleed, but it has slowed and still looks ok. We go back in about 2 weeks for a check-up, then a little after for a prostetic to be made. He just wants to go go go, and I think if frustfrates him that he can't. Thank you for the touching comments and support.

I have been photographing him playing and moving around. I think I would like put together a body of work of this experience. Along with prints of the x-rays. I don't know if it would amount to an exibit of sorts, but that might make an interesting project. Any suggestions for images or presentation (NOT A SCRAP-BOOK!) would be appreciated. I would like to see some of the images in simple black frames (like the ones I built for my BFA show)...I don't know. I am not sure about where to exhibit--if I would exhibit. I would also like to have images of us taking care of him...it's a bit different than before the symes amputation, wraping his stump...how he holds up that leg when he stands...other ways he is learning to adapt to it. What do you think?

No comments: