Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Temple Progress

I was about 40' below Moroni's feet
We have been making a lot of progress on the Rexburg Temple. I counted today and we only have 15 more window openings to do...never mind that some of them are 35-35' tall. It truly has been an incredible experience to work on it.

This is looking down on to the roof of the front entry...the lift is fully extended

Monday, we set the highest frame. It is right below Moroni, the 105' lift just reaches it. That was really cool, I was up inside the spire. Highest place in Rexburg.

Matchbox cars!

While glazing the glass in that high frame (glazing is when you put the glass into the frame), I snapped this last shot with my camera phone. I thought that the shadow of the Temple looked really cool...and that you can see the window opening in the foreground.

So we are getting close to being complete...there is much more to do yet, but the road behind is longer than the road ahead. There is a lot of caulking and some interior stuff as well as entry doors. We have made a lot of progress in the past month.

No comments: