Saturday, July 12, 2008

Keeping Busy...Really Busy

The big open spaces will have glass in them.
This past week has been really busy...OK so the past months have been very busy, but this week was really tough. I was working in Jackson for almost the whole week. We are working on a big-ish building right in downtown Jackson. The first floor will be retail, the second, offices, and the third will be a fancy apartment/3rd or 4th or 6th home. It has a lot of curtain wall (big, fancy, difficult glass system), similar to some of what we did at the Grand Teton Park Visitor Center. It is very slow moving. This week we focused on the tallest and most difficult frames on the job.

Tuesday we left early and came home very late...then again on Wednesday we left early but stayed over in Jackson and came home very late on Thursday...just to turn around on Friday and go up on Friday very early. I am very tired.



This is about how the visitor center looked the last time I saw it.


When we stayed on Wednesday, Steve (a guy I work with) and I took Justin (a kid I work with) up to see the Teton Park Visitor Center. I had not seen it in over a year and not after it was finished. It was really cool to see. I can't believe all the glass and how good it looks. The guys I work with did a great job on it. I didn't do much as far as the finish work, because I was pulled to do another job...but I know what they were up against, not to mention that it was 2 hours away.



This is how the Visitor Center Looks now...Isn't that cool?!?!
Friday I was finally able to be home before dark and spend some time with my wife and kids! It was good to play with them. I realized that I had not seen them since Monday night when I put them to bed. Sure I slept in my bed most of the nights, but I wasn't there to really be with them.

TJ had a blast helping me on the little yard tractor...it did a good job once I got the hang of it.


I also wasn't home to take care of things around the house, but Jess wasn't about to let me just work on projects all day...untill the guy who offered to grade our yard called. He came over with a tractor and a yard tractor and we leveled out the dirt in our yard. That was good to get done...but I don't think Jess was happy that we didn't go play with the kids at a park. Instead I got to make myself more tired and ride a cool little yard tractor with my kids. It was fun, and now we are one step closer to sprinklers and grass.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Sounds like a long hard week. The visitor center looks good though.