Wednesday, August 20, 2008

30 King Street


The Tyvek covered wall is only temporary and will come down...we have a lot of windows behind it too.

So this is the job site in Jackson Hole I have been working on for the last while. It seems that we go there for at least part of the week each week. I would like to just hit it hard one week and then come home for a week then back again. But there are other pressing jobs and things at home that we have to divide our time up there. But for the last three days, Steve and I (and a new part time guy, Duncan) were able to get quite a lot accomplished. We set the last frame on the job and the rest of the glass (almost). We are waiting for a couple big insulated units, doors, and operable windows. It is coming along. We do have a lot more to do, but it is good to see it progressing, curtain wall (this is curtain wall) takes a lot of time to install. The break metal trim, surface applied grids and caulking caulking caulking will take a long time. I hope there is no snow on the ground...it really sicks when the caulk is too cold to tool.



Topher starts school tomorrow...his first day of Kindergarten...I must be getting old! We went to back to school night today and saw his classroom and met his teacher. She seems very nice. I like the old school building he goes to. It reminds me of Emerson School that I went to grade school. I am excited for him.

The Pocatello Pump is coming up! We are planning on going...and maybe in the Bus!!! That is what the kids (and yes even Jess) want anyway....OK so me too.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Good to see things are goin good for you, despite being super busy.
How's the new house treating you?
Kick some trash at the Pump.

Tyler said...

I'll try REALLY HARD at the pump...but remember that this is the only time I ever climb anymore. Add to that the fact that I come home completly worn out from work...that is when I do come home.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Skyler,
keep it up!!!!