Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a week!

This week didn't start off too bad, I was able to work the normal 8 hour days on Monday and Tuesday...for my day job anyway. Monday night I moved mirrors for Dance Tech (the dance studio that Jess teaches at) until 9:30 or 10. Then I went to the mutual activity on Tuesday night, Wednesday was spent in the shop, but it was a long day fabricating four huge chapel windows for a church in Pocatello. I had to finally take off at 7 so that I could go finish a shower door for a friend. Then Thursday and Friday I spent long days tearing out and installing those chapel windows. Friday we left at 6am and I was pushing the last pieces of vinyl (rubber gasket that holds the window in) after the sun went down...we still had to clean up, tear down scaffolding, load the truck and drive home.

Ahhhhhhh.....the work week was over.....as far as working for Jenkins Glass goes anyway.

Monday morning my Dad and I headed up to Rexburg to install 17 windows in a home there. Not a new home mind you, but we did have to tear out the old windows as well. That job went quite well, we were able to finish it all in one day...one long day! The home owner did not think we could do it, but it is all done. Sweet a little extra money...nope Jess has already earmarked every bit of it...I think she will let me get a soda or two. Ha! yea right!

This has been a really tough week. It is hard on Jess and the kids when I can't be home in the evenings. Maybe having a day off tomorrow will make it up...nope! I am working on the sprinkler system most of the day. Yes more fun for me!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Guess there's just no rest for the weary.
When is the pump?

Tyler said...

The Pump is next weekend...not this coming weekend, but the next (September 13 & 14). The "30 King Street" post has a link to the info. Come up and hang...I plan on taking the bus and camping on Saturday.