Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our crazy house welcomes Talmage

Wow, I never seem to post frequently enough!

The past months have been very busy.  I have been taking on a lot more responsibility at work.  I was telling a friend about this and they asked if it meant more money.  I had to say, well not really.  There is a little more but I do like the experience and knowledge.  I get to learn the business end of it more, and I can see that benefiting me later on.  I also came to the realization that there are unwritten benefits where I work.  The number one being that I am treated like family, I am given the freedom to work as I please and they know that I don't take advantage of that.  It is a great place to work....even if there is no bathroom and we just step out back!


The end of February, we welcomed our 5th child into our family, Talmage Val Hopkins!  It has been very exciting around our house to say the least.  The week he was born was very busy.  Kids were at school, Jess was having a difficult time just standing, or sitting, or laying.  Anything and everything hurt!  I was very busy with work, then we had the Scout Banquet in the middle of the week.  The next day, Thursday, I worked in Sun valley and didn't get home until 9pm....I told Jess she was NOT allowed to have the baby that day!  She waited....until 4am Friday morning when her water broke.  We got the kids off to school and Pearson with my mom (my parents had just been released from their mission that week too), and headed to the hospital.  Jess's mom works in labor and delivery at the hospital, and that is wonderful, so we always bring our own nurse when we have babies!  Jess' labor is usually very quick, but Talmage wasn't too interested in moving along, that was a surprise.  All day and no change, I worked a little at the hospital, left to run a few errands, and then at 5:30, Talmage was born!  It was a lot of work and pain for Jess, but she forgets that very quickly just as soon as she gets to hold her little ones.  She is a wonderful woman and I am lucky to have her! 


Talmage has been a treat to have in our home, and all our kids just love him....just wait until he grows up a little and starts breaking all their toys and projects!  Life is crazy but I wouldn't miss any of it for the world.

No comments: