Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rexburg Temple, Shoshone Falls & Sand Dunes

The last few weeks have been pretty wild....like always. It has been a huge blessing to be working on the Temple again. First off it is wonderful to be home in the evenings, and then...it's the Temple! It is really enjoyable to work there. I enjoy it-dispite the little setbacks that you encounter (all jobs have setbacks). This week we finished all the windows on the south elevation. This photo is the south elevation...but you can't really see the windows that well. Next week we will either start on the east-or front, or the west-back. These windows will be quite the adventure, very tall.

Rexburg Idaho Temple. 27 April 2007
On the 21st, my dad's brother passed away, so we had a funeral to go to in Boise on Thursday. We drove there on Wednesday, after work then back Thursday. We stopped and saw Shoshone Falls. We needed a break, Jess and the kids had never been there, and the last time I was there it was just a little trickle. It was very nice. Nothing like when Timothy O'Sullivan was there, but nontheless I took a few pictures. Likewise those are nothing like Timothy O'Sullivan's or Mark Klett. That would be a nice place to fisit and photograph more.

The Family at Shoshone Falls April 25, 2007



Friday it was back to work...but afterwards I got to go photograph is Theo and Darren. We went to the Saint Anthony sand dunes. I had never been there to photograph, but I am sure I will go there again. I really liked it. The sun was a bit too intense when we got there, but as the evening progressed, it got much better. I was very happy with the results, I will be making some small prints soon...I think they will even be worthy of the Museo Silver Rag paper I got for my birthday.

Dunes & Motorcycle Tracks April 2007

Island of trees at St. Anthony. April 2007

2 comments:

Sally said...

sorry about your uncle.

it is so cool that you are working on the temple. that is something you can tell your children's children and bore them to death! :) No, it really is cool.

Tyler said...

Forget boring my children's children...I'll just bore my wife and children! It has been a wonderful experience...and wonderful to be home at night again.

Don't miss the open house, it will be beautiful. I have no idea when it will be, from what I understand no one does.