Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rexburg Temple

So the last week we have been working on the "U" windows. Nothing special about the letter, just how each window opening is designated. There are 4 "U" windows. Tomorrow we will finish the last one. They only 20 inches wide...but just over 26 feet tall (devided into 4 sections). This first image was taken Wednesday (with my camera phone--sorry for the nasty color), looking south into the freaking cold wind from the top of one of the "U" windows.
Just before we finished for the day, Jason and I started the last frame. I had to run the lift up to the top to get a measurement of the opening and determine if the opening is out of square and if so how much. While there I made a couple snaps with my camera phone. So my lift is at the level of the basement...then the bottom of this 26' window is at chest level on the second floor...so how high off the ground am I??? I'm on an 80' lift...but I don't know if it is completly extended. On Tuesday I was on the 105' lift, and did have that extended all the way out...any gust of wind or a sudden movement of the lift was a bit freaky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SKYLER!!!
Your the man!,
The temple is looking good! That would be so cool to work on it for a job mannnnnn!
Suz and I are happy for you guys and hope that TJ is OK and better for the surgery coming up.
I will try to call you soon.
Ty

Slade said...

Just remember...make it perfect!

Oh yeah, you're probably creating a record that ought to be taken somewhat seriously. Keep shooting.

Brian said...

Tyler,

Your "insider's" view of the Temple is very interesting. Make sure you write more details in your journal to share with the family in the future. I have a bunch of images on my computer of Leon working on the murals. Unfortunately, they will never see the light of day! Oh well!

Hope you are all doing well!

Tyler said...

More pictures are on the way.