Sunday, September 23, 2007

Busy Month

So I have intended to post for the last month or so...but have been too busy. A week after the really great ride down Wolverine, Kyle, Dave (Kyle's dad) and I rode it again. That time we rode the trail that Kyle and I attempted when we got really lost. We didn't get lost, but it did get dark much quicker than we thought it would. We rode all of wolverine in the dark. I ended up using my cel phone as a flashlight...that kind of sucked.

I got injured at work again...ouch! I was cutting a 2x4 on the table saw and the cut off piece was kicked back at me and (I think) broke my finger. It swelled up a lot and still hurts. It only took a week for the flap of skin to heal up, but like I said...it still hurts.

That caused problems for the next weekend at the Pocatello Pump. I did have fun climbing and then camping at the Pump. I got a couple of t-shirts and a gift certificate for new climbing shoes. Milton & Liz brought their little camper, and it was great to have to sleep in that night. Maybe next time we will have our westy up and running and we can camp in it.

Over the past 2 1/2 months I have had nose bleeds EVERY DAY. I got a little tired of them, so went to an ear nose throat doctor. He said I had a deviated septum and so On Thursday I got a nose job. I had a long weekend, I spent it being doped up and a little out of it. While I had time on my hands...even though it felt that my hands were detached, Jess and the kids and I went to Divide, Montana to bet the engine for my bus.

Next Saturday, a guy is going to come help me install it. So...I am really excited for that. The bus has sat in the garage for too long. It is time to start cruising in it. Come to think of it, it still needs a name...any suggestions?

6 comments:

Slade said...

So did you get a cute perky nose, or did they just fix the one you have?

Tyler said...

Yes! Cute and Perky...oh wait...that was another operation...I mean...ummm...

I just had them fix the one I had.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking...
hunk o junk
rust on wheels
tonka
hummer exscape pod
or
that 70's show

me

Tyson

Darren Clark said...

Beverly, I've always liked the name Beverly. I was never able to use it on my own kids for two reasons. We only have boys and Susan would never let me use the name Beverly.

Andy said...

Helga...Helga the Horrible

But dude, I'm back in IF now, so we should get with Theo (if he's still around; I heard a month ago he was) and go photograph. I've also got a dang nice mtn bike that needs to be used if you're up for more rides before the season's done.

Tyler said...

Helga???

That's her name? I just put an engine in her today...waiting for a couple parts and trying to figure out the vaccum labrynth. You should come by anc check her out...

Don't know if the weather will be great to ride in...today anyway.