Sunday, April 20, 2008

I haven't abandoned the project

Copyright 2008 - Tyler Hopkins

I have not completly given up on photography. Just slowed down A LOT. As I said earlier, we have been very busy with the house and so that has been forefront on our minds.
Copyright 2008 - Tyler Hopkins
However last Sunday I had a nice break and was able to relax with Jess and the kids. While hanging out around the house, TJ was playing with his prosthetic and putting it on himself (without the liner) and waking with it...ok so he would step right out of it. He is also starting to walk just on his stump...it looks just a little odd when he walks that way.

Copyright 2008 - Tyler Hopkins

He really is very animated. In the morning I hear chairs and the bench scooting accross the floor, and I know he is getting up on the counter (more often than not he does this without his foot on yet). There is no stopping that little boy.

Copyright 2008 - Tyler Hopkins

Yesterday we went to the park and he still has a little difficulty walking on uneven ground. It throws him a little off ballance. So walking on grass and gravel will take a little practice. He will get it this summer when we go out camping.

Copyright 2008 - Tyler Hopkins

4 comments:

Andy said...

I really like this documentary (for lack of a better term, though I think it fits) on your son. It's really beginning to show how he is learning to cope with a prosthetic.

Slade said...

Best photos yet. I'm glad you took a break. It has refreshed your vision of what TJ is going through.

I love the carbon fiber prosthetic.

Sally said...

There was a boy in my ward that I babysat and he would jump and run and land on the stump. It was amazing to watch. They can do anything and everything. It never slows them down.
Love the new photos

Tyler said...

Thanks for the compliments