Saturday, April 19, 2008

Long day...ok...Long week(s)

I was pretty proud of this (I have never done tile before), So I'm posting 2 photos...most likely with more to come.
I did this with photomerge...very rough.

If you couldn't tell, working on the house has been forefront on my mind. Lately the project on the house I have been busy with is tiling the master bath. I think I started about 3 or 4 weeks ago... at least... on the floor. That wasn't too tough, but once I got into working on the shower it was another story.

I think it turned out pretty good, it will be nice to get the grout and shower door done.


Making the slope to the drain, then the pvc pan (to make sure that my floor does not leak in case my grout does), another layer of cement to lay the tile on, and then finding tile that went with the floor tile that we had. We had a hard time deciding on how to lay it out. Once we had an idea and had the tile, it seemed like I could never get over to the house for a long enough time to get much done. I got the shower floor and some of the walls done last Friday, but then it just seemed to sit there with no progress. Today I wanted to get it out of the way, and so spent nearly all day there. I am happy to say that all the pieces are set and will be ready for grout in a day or two. I want it to set up really well, and then I need to clean out all the joints, grout, clean (again) and seal.
After that I can move on to something else in the house...like the laminate wood floor, window sills, doors and hardware, touch-up paint, trim, mirrors...Fun for me!

No comments: