Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sweet Ride!


Many of you may know of my obsession with Volkswagens, especially air cooled VW's. In November I decided it was in the best interest of my family to sell our beloved Bus and buy a minivan...this is where you groan. Yes the minivan is not as cool as my Bus was, but it has heat in the winter (without toxic fumes) and air conditioning in the summer--rather than the other way around as it was with the Bus. Well, my sister-in-law is in town visiting her dad and brother, and brought me a gift from them (her, my brother and their kids). Anyway I am told that when Ben, Brittney, and Katelyn saw this remote control VW, they thought that they MUST get it for me. She brought it all the way from Michigan! I was so touched...I mean this thing is HUGE! Just to bring it was amazing. We have had a lot of fun with it. It even has "hydraulics," you can raise and lower the front and back indipendently (notice that it is 'raked' in the picture and it also leans left or right. It also has working lights--it uses turn signals when you turn. I dig it a lot...now I need to figure out how to put a larger battery and motor in it...or not, then it just wouldn't be an honest VW.

5 comments:

Sally said...

sweet! that is so nice and thoughtful of your sister in law.

Brian said...

Hey Tyler...been reading your blog and catching up on your doings.
I see the goatee is back. What has it been-two weeks since graduation? Sheesh!
So you had a visit with the doctors at Shriners. I hope things work out for Tyler Jr. If he has the tenacity of his old man, I think he will learn to cope with whatever life deals him. My prayers are with you.
Enjoy the summer. Maybe I will see you up in West Yellw again. Going to the playmill around July...
Take care.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome Bus! It looks red in the picture! Happy for you. Your sisiter-in-law is so cool! See you later...Julie W.

Tyler said...

Yes Brian, it has been 2 weeks...in fact I think that the last day I shaved the chin was the friday night before Commencement. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Yea, the toy bus does look red, just like my bus was...but this one is much cooler...hydraulics! And just as much power I think.

Anonymous said...

Your the coolest Tyler!
Tyson & Suzanne