Monday, October 02, 2006

Island Park Weekend

Friday night we went to Island Park for the weekend. My in-laws have a cabin up there that is very nice to go to for the weekend. We like to go there General Conference weekend every 6 months. They have satelite tv, so we are able to watch the 4 regular sessions, then go into west Yellowstone (about 10 minutes away) for the Priesthood Session. Jessica's mom likes to go into West Yellowstone and get a room at the Days Inn, just so that they can play at the pool indoor pool and water slide. Usually no one stays in the room, we just swim. That is a lot of fun for the kids (especially in the winter), and isn't too bad of a price during the off season.

The talks given during the sessions were wonderfull...ok, so the ones that I heard. I really enjoyed Saturday and Sunday Afternoon, and especially the priesthood session. They are very inspiring.


In between the conference sessions, we get out and enjoy what is around. Island Park is one of my favorate places to photograph. I love the quaking aspens, how some will be so large and tall, and grow strait, while others will bend and curve. Saturday was beautiful! Sunday however wasn't so much. After the snow flies, I am able to get into some of the backcountry on snow-machine and make some cool images too.

This is just 2 miles from the in-laws' cabin. No, their cabin is not one of these 'modern cabins' advertised by the Sunset Cafe sign. This is at the base of an old ski hill. There are several little one room cabins, a cafe/bar, a shop and the old ski lift. It is all for sale, I thought I heard for $3 million...but that includes the hill!

Another one of my favorate places in IP to photograph. This is the foundation of some building (a little ranch house I would assume, It has been some time sence it had walls and a roof.

No comments: