Friday, October 27, 2006

Year Realization


A couple days ago I was going through the files on the computer... you know sorting, deleting, just cleaning house. I came accros a file that made me a little sad "2005_11_10 Last day with the Bus." It was the photos we took the day we sold my VW Bus. It is just about a year ago now that we found another home for my '72 Kombi, another guy that fell in love with her just had to have her. We came to a point in our lives that we needed something better for Jessica to drive. You see days that I went to school I drove her little Prizm, and she was left with the Bus. She didn't mind it too much except for in the winter, when it was colder than a witches teet, and the fine German engineering failed to make it to the heating system. With our third child on the way ( see previous post), we really needed something with a much better heating system that would not make you sick with exhaust fumes. Wait! German engineering...enclosed space...gas fumes...It is all coming together. WWII was over when the Bus was developed, and yet they still held on to those old ways! But I digress. Our 'Type II" was a wonderful vehicle to have. Great for camping trips and just as cool to cruze around town in. We always got the smiles and laughs (mostly at my 'push to operate' and '0-55 in 11 minutes' bumper stickers) as well as the peace signs. I really do miss my ol' girl, but as the winter months are approaching I really do enjoy a heated van (with AWD!) for my family to get around in.

Here's a picture Creedance doing one of their favorate things...just playing in the bus...on the day we sold it. They cried for almost a half an hour after it drove away. One day I will have another VW...I think I'll get a Bug next.

No comments: