Monday, October 16, 2006

Paramount

Friday after work I went climbing with a couple in my ward. It was a lot of fun. When I only climb about once a year, you could imagine what I climb like. But I did lead one (Fly by night 5.8) and top-rope another (Mr Rogers Neighborhood 5.9) at Paramount. It was wierd that when I was leading Fly by night, I got realy scared at the top. This is a climb that I have done many times, both on top rope and on lead. What was my deal. So when we were setting up on Mr Rogers Neighborhood, I didn't feel that I had it in me to take the sharp end. Especially when I saw the 12'-15' run-out. Spencer was great on lead. He flew up the first 2/3 of it, then looked down and said, "Wow! This is really high!" I think it suprised him how fast he got up there. It was a great climb! When I was on it, I could see a couple of thin spots that I would have really puckered if on lead. I'm glad Spencer took it on. It was a blast to get out and get a few climbs in. I need to get out more...wait...snow is about to fly! Spring I guess.

Photos to come as soon as I can get them from Spencer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!
You rock Tyler,
I want to be out climin...did a sweet ride last nite though. I was with about 20 other riders on a trail be a man made lake north of Fort Worth. I will have to get some pics somehow.
Glad you got Kitty and Juans windows.
Good to hear from your blog.
Tyson

Andy said...

fly by night was my first lead ever...it scared the hell out of me