Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bulletproof


Today at work I had my first experience installing bulletproof glass. It was kinda cool, the most heavy glass I have ever lifted (dense), but cool. OK, so it isn't glass, but rather it is 1 3/8" Polycarbonate (kind of like plastic). We installed it in the Madison County Courthouse.




We are in process of finishing but we got a big chunk of it done today. We even installed a completly clear door (that is freaking heavy!). Yep it is also the 1 3/8'' polycarbonate SOLID. I especially like the system for communicating through the glass, rather than having a little microphone and speaker (that a bullet could easily go through) there is a layering of the polycarbonate with a space in between. The clerks that work there said that it works better than the microphones. Here's a picture of the speaking area

I also finished the job that I was doing on the side. Dad helped me with the large picture windows and a few others. I couldn't have finished it without him, it sure feels good to have that out of the way. With it done, I can do something fun this weekend instead of working. So we will go up to Island Park...whoo-hoo!

No comments: