Friday, June 30, 2006

Windmills


Tonight I drove out towards Bone to photograph the windmills East of Idaho falls. I had to race to make the light, but I am very happy with the images I got. The light was beautiful! There were clouds that I had to work around as there were thunderstorms to the northwest. I even took up my 4x5 press camera. Just as I got it set up, the battery in my digital died on me (I don't have a light meter, and I use my digital for metering), well I was able coas the battery to work just enough to get one metering (shake it!). So I bracketed several (like 6) exposures. It will be a while before I can develop them, I hope that one turns out. On the down side, when I got back home I could not find my lens cap and UV filter for my Canon. I can't remember exactly what I did with it, but I worry that I set it on the roof of the car and then drove off. DANG! I hope it will turn up somewhere in the car in the daylight.


Kevin called today and asked if we would like to go with them to Jackson and Grand Teton Park for a day hike tomarow. So in the morning we are heading up that direction. Maybe I'll have a chance to make a few photos there...I will have all three kids and Jess with me...so that is a huge Maybe.

3 comments:

Darren Clark said...

Those are sweet. I'm going to totally rip you off and come photograph those.

Sally said...

i have been wanting to photograph those for a long time. I tryed to drive there one day but i ended up around a bunch of huge newly built homes.

Tyler said...

You didn't go far enough Sally.
Darren...you big copycat! Let me know when you come down to photograph...I want to go there again with another photographer.