Thursday, June 22, 2006

N2O

Fading in and out of consciousness is but only the tip of the iceberg…an iceberg drifting from left to right…on the right I see a man with a blue mask looking down on me, he does not see me notice for his eyes are fixed elsewhere…I close my eyes and breathe deep…inhale…exhale…inhale…there is a grinding…my throat is filling with saliva, I don’t mind…the music…I can see the music! Purple. Red. Crimson. My eyes open. There is a light directly in front of me, still. I go back to the music, Jefferson Airplane…or is it Starship? Zeppelin…Hendrix…Dr. Hook…Wonderful…My body is within and without. Within when I open my eyes, I am somewhere. Instantly without when I close them and breathe, I am nowhere…Nowhere Man is the next song…I can see him. “Is the Nitrous working?” the man asks, I nod and grunt the affirmative. Nitrous Oxide, classic rock, jaw blocks, and mouth dams are wonderful things to have when you are getting a crown! Just lay back, let the dentist do his work and slip away for an hour. Next time you are asked if would you like nitrous oxide…oh baby take it! And a bag of Cheetos for the road.

No comments: