Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Amazing family night



So it has taken me 2 days to finally get around to writing about this, but it is such an amazing experience that I had to get it out there. Anyway so on monday night, we wanted to take the kids to a park for family night, Toph likes Sportsman's park by the river because of the bridges. On our way there we told him we were going to the park with the bridges, but he said he wanted to go to the one by the river with toys...Freeman park. So we ended up there.

While the kids were playing on the toys, they made friends with this other little girl there about Tophs age (they make freinds easily). He brought her over to see TJ "Come see my new little brother!" As they ran off, Jess asked if I noticed the little girl's foot (she was running aroud bare-foot)...It is almost identical to TJ's! Here she was running jumping and playing just fine! I didn't even notice until I looked for it.

So we built up the courage to ask her parents about it and learn what their experience has been. The little girl has the same irregularity that TJ has, but (at this point) TJ has fewer bones. We have the same doctor at Shriners, and they can't speak enough good of him and Shriners.

It is amazing that with as unlikely as this deformity is that there is another family in Idaho Falls with the same thing, and that we would happen to meet up with them at a park on the other side of town.

On another note, I found another tree to photograph and holga-ize. I think I've got the one for the shirts. At this point I probibly could have shot it with the holga and made time to develop and scan the film. But hey, I didn't have much time to make the time, right?
What do you think? Better? Does it look like it came from the Holga?

4 comments:

Darren Clark said...

Tyler, thanks for sharing your great fhe experience. Our fhe usually consists of several fights between the boys, a quick lesson, and treats.

Tyler said...

Yea, our fhe is usually about the same as yours Darren. However the fights are between me and the kids, and rarely a lesson. And that is if Jess can talk me into fhe!

Sally said...

Cool story. Topher has got the spirit.

Brian said...

You boys just wait until the children reach their teens...THAT is when the real fun begins!