Monday, June 19, 2006

Climbing At Ross Park

Saturday afternoon, we met up with Kevin & Tammie in Pocatello to do some climbing at Ross Park. It has been a long time sense I climbed at Ross Park...ok so I haven't climbed at all in a long time. I sure was feeling it today and Sunday. We had some ropes set up and let the kids climb a little, they got a kick out of it.


For those of you who are not familiar with ross park, it isn't too high only about 20' or so on the shady side. For the most part the routes are just 'high-ball' boulder problems. I was going up one line and feeling pretty good, then about 3 moves from the top, I lost my zen and didn't think I could finish so I downclimbed it. I later tied in and did the route, right at about the same spot I had a hard time working out the moves again, glad I was tied in.

Here's Kevin...he's much better than I.



It was great to get out and climb again. It felt good, painfull but good. I finally got my own guidebook for the City of Rocks and flipped through the pages and really want to get down there and climb...soon! Hope I can make the time in a few weeks. We'll have to see.

1 comment:

Andy said...

dude i'll go to the city with ya! I haven't been climbing in a very long time (hopefully all this climbing through roof trusses has kept my arms in some kind of shape for climbing). email me and lemme know if you decide to go down.