Monday, April 03, 2006

Broken Glass
From orignal blog 3/26/06

So after such great weather on Friday and Saturday, Mother nature just couldn't stand to let us Idahoans continue to enjoy spring. Last night she really let us have it. I think the winds were supposed to get up to 50-70 mph gusts! This wind was too much for one stores windows here in Idaho Falls. I got a call at 9 pm from my boss asking me to go board up the broken window until we can get the glass for it. She didn't know how big it was, but I had been there before and I thought I could take care of it myself...Nope. It was way too big for me alone. I got some help, and got it boarded up for the time being. It would have been scary to do alone. It is roughly 80" x 92", and was falling out. Here's a picture of it in the crazy weather we had last night. The white lines are masking tape that the people that work here put on the glass to keep it from falling in. I don't think that would do the job. I like emergency call outs like this. Quick double time pay.

No comments: