Tuesday, April 11, 2006

On the Road

I worked in Aberdeen this morning at Ireland Bank. Just a couple of glass desk tops and window film, nothing big. But on the way there I saw a couple of things that I had to photograph, I will have to explain.

So I noticed this motorcycle and thought the drive chain looked interesting. On the top it was taut, while on the bottom it was a little slack. As I thought of why this was occuring (the engine pulls on the chain at the top and 'pushes' the chain towards the wheel on the bottom), I also noticed that the rider was wearing a Harley Davidson leather jacket. Then I thought to myself, "I thought that Harleys were belt driven not chain driven. Wasn't that part of their trademark in their motorcycles?" Anyway on closer inspection I noticed that this was not a Harley that the man was riding, but rather a Honda Shadow! I laughed and laughed. I had to get a picture.

Well, as I continued on my drive to Aberdeen, I drove through Springfield, ID. I didn't know where Springfield was untill a week ago when I went to this same job. So as I mosy through the streets (ok so the street of Springfield, my mind reminises of the many hours I have spent watching another Springfield. And just as I drive out of the booming matropolis of Springfield, ID I come across Homer's Cave. Aah! Yet another fully rewarding photo-op. Next time when I have more time I simply must stop...I wonder if they serve three-eyed fish?


No comments: