Sunday, April 16, 2006

Large Photos!

In the BFA program that I am in we, as students, are required to do a senior project...or exhibit. At the begining of this blog you can see my exhibit of photographs of children. Well, yesterday I helped another student, Theo, put his show up. He was also photographing with a 4x5 view camera, but his prints are much larger...I printed mine 16"x20", where Theo's are 44"x55" or so. He was faced with the daunting challenge of how to display these.


We had the idea to hang them loose (mounted on thin metal strips top and bottom) from cables above the open area in the Spori building on BYU-I's campus. Frames would have been much easier, but hey! Who wants easy?! Yesterday morning I spent 60 feet above a marble floor rigging up cables to hang the prints from. It was a lot of fun, but incredibly exhausting. Today I feel like I spent the day mtn. biking or climbing. The exhibit looks great, and after monday when the 5 graphic design students get their group show up, the 3rd floor of the Spori will look really great!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Looks good guys.

Easy is never as fun.